Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lack of blogging desire...

I don't know whats up, just that I have nothing to say these days I suppose. We have been busy, I will use that as my excuse : ) I am patiently (NOT) waiting to hear if I got the job at Ella's school, supposed to hear on Tuesday. Apparently we were supposed to find out last Friday, but they were waiting for my doctor to give me a medical release to work, (which was a nightmare to get. The doctor said that he consulted with another orthopedic doctor and they decided because of the type of fracture I have in my tibia that they would not give me a verbal nor written medical release. After freaking out, I asked if he would write that after the 8th of June he would release me, as this is my next x-rays and will be 6 weeks after the initial injury, he said sure and they faxed it over right away. Whatever.) I will be so pissed if, because it says I can be released on the 8th and the job starts on the 1st, I don't get the job because of my stupid leg.


Chris' dad, Papa, is here visiting right now and the kids have really enjoyed having him around, Hunter and Papa are out playing golf right now. Papa bought Hunter his own little golf bag and putter last night to add to two other clubs he got him on a past visit (real stuff not plastic) it's so cute!! I have really enjoyed having Papa around too, he is an excellent cook and has been fixing our meals!

Ella continues to be doing great. She adds daily to her vocabulary, right now my two favorite words of hers are purple and bubble, which she says both PERFECTLY!!! At school the other day she said "Help me please" while outside trying to climb a hill and then her teacher had yelled for a little guy to stop "Isaiah stop," and Ella yelled "ZAYA" very cute. I still get a bit frustrated though, she often pops off with words or phrases clear as a bell and in appropriate context only for them to never be heard again. It boggles my mind. I know she knows what she wants to say, and knows how but she still just babbles away. It's just so confusing. She has been showing her attitude a lot lately (nothing new there : ) she snaps at me when I tell her something, and will point at me with a dirty look on her face, and recently she has taken to shushing me, she puts her tiny little finger to her lips and blows, it is so hard not to laugh!

I went to the dermatologist this past Thursday to have a scalp biopsy done. I have had severely thinning (for me) hair ever since Ella was born. I realize that I do have a lot of hair, but there is half as much as there used to be, I don't mind the amount I have right now it's just that it is thinning mostly in the front. I have been doing this comb over thing, parting way over on one side, so that not so much scalp is showing. I am not particularly vain about my hair, but its all I got, people have commented on my hair my entire life. I had gone to a dermatologist in Texas and he has said that my loss was from extreme stress, it was about 8 months after Ella's birth, and it would come back. Well, Ella is almost 3 now, the stress I have now will probably not get any lower, maybe when the kids move out, if Ella moves out and even then not because then I would worry even more about her : ) This doc said that my pattern of loss is consistent with the typical female hair loss pattern, I asked as in old people? I am 29 for crying out loud!! Anyhow, he took two biopsies of my scalp which may I add HURT so now I have 3 stitches in my head which I am supposed to keep moist with Vaseline so I look all greasy. In addition I had a thing taken off my arm (not really a mole, something weird though and it always hurt) and that took an additional 3 stitches. So here I am stitched together, on a crutch all with greasy hair fun fun fun!!
OK, enough rambling here are a ton of pics taken in the past few weeks....
Ella and Riley
sitting on the
coffee table
watching Elmo
Tickle tickle
Hunter and Ella
laying on the
coffee table
watching
Bob-bob
We really do have furniture to sit on, but the kids prefer the table : )

Hunter's school
had a Mother's
Tea for Mother's
day.








It was so cute, they made little corsages and a little gift for us,
then they performed a few songs.












He sang but would
not do the
movements.
He's just too cool!
Our attempt at a
self picture of
Hunter and
mommy
b-day party at a
paint your pottery
place.














Hunter and Emily
(the b-day girl)
they are both 5


































Ella and Emily














Hunter and Emily's
brother Logan.
CUTE!






We painted Ella's
nails purple. It's
hard to see but she's
showing them off.











Ella dancing on the
table, *sigh*.












Hunter came home
from school and dumped
his hat and lunch box
on the floor.











She kept saying "BYE"
I said are you bubba?
She said "yes."


























What happens when
Ella sits on the new
couch. Still very
full of static







Ella's new hat
from Papa





































































8 comments:

Mary said...

Darn we have cute kids!!

Monica Crumley said...

Those are some adorable kids! Looks like you have plenty to blog about -- sorry to hear about your foot and hair! I hope both get better soon.

Denise said...

I have been missing you lately!! I love all of the pics...as usual...hope you get all of your ailments taken care of soon. Good luck with the job!!

Melissa said...

LOVE the pix..my favorite is the one where Ella has the sunglasses on...too cute!

Good luck w/the testing..OUCH!

Colleen said...

I love the cowgirl pictures. She's so beautiful! I do hope you get the job at the Guilds school, that would be the coolest! Thank you for the nice comments on our blog while Isaac was in the hospital. Have a great week!!

Kristen said...

Last summer, my hair was falling out badly, and I have just the right amount, so it was concerning to see I was losing so much. I figured it was from stress...Cayman's 5 surgeries, selling our house, moving out of my in-laws, etc.

I hope they can get it figured out for you! And I hope you get the job at Ella's school. I think you are a shoe-in.

I can't believe how long Ella's hair is! It's beautiful. I love the color. Many people pay big bucks to try and gain what she has naturally.

kecia said...

I love the ones of her in the pink cowboy hat! I am glad to hear her words are doing so well lately! That is what I am worried about/wondering what to do with Bree right now. We know she wants to communicate because she is always babbling and trying to use signs but I don't know what the best way is to help her. I am glad it is coming for Ella-that gives me hope for BRee.

Aunt Tami said...

How sweet!! Love the pink hat that Papa got her!! She is such a little model!! Strike a pose! I just love her hair, so long and pretty! And a little table dancer, huh? Well looks like we wont be able to let Ella or Shay out of our sight, especially if they go anywhere together!! What performers!!! Sorry to hear you are in such a mess right now, but hopefully everything comes out ok for you. We will be keeping our fingers crossed for you on the job too!! Let us know how it goes today!! Love ya!! Aunt Tami and family