Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hunter's First Day of School

Hunter had his first day of Pre-K today!! His teachers said he did great (not that I had any doubts, ha ha) and he enjoyed himself!! He is going to a Montessori school and I think it is going to be a great fit for him!!


I don't know why he crossed his arms.



























He looks like a model.















I had him hold up a 4 so when I look back I can remember he was 4!

Yes, my mind is gone.








"Can we go now?"










I only got to take 1 pic in front of his school because he was very anxious to get inside!!! And then he was off!!








As for the post before this, about Sarah Palin's speech, I am not trying to get all political here, I simply said that I liked, no LOVED her speech. Here is what she said....

"And in April, my husband Todd and I welcomed our littlest one into the world, a perfectly beautiful baby boy named Trig. From the inside, no family ever seems typical.

That's how it is with us.

Our family has the same ups and downs as any other ... the same challenges and the same joys.

Sometimes even the greatest joys bring challenge.

And children with special needs inspire a special love.

To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters. I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."

That my friends, is good stuff!!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Hunter looks so handsome...and you can just see the excitement in his eyes!

I agree, that is a great speech!

Anonymous said...

Hunter is looking so big and hadsome. At least you got one picture at school. I had strict instructions that I could take pictures at home but I was not allow to take pictures a school. There was some eye rolling and sighing that went along with the speach I got. Like gee mom don't be silly you don't really think it would be cool of you to take my picture in front of my new friends. I also got the lecture about how I could get a hug but no kisses. I snuck a kiss anyway... heck he is only in kindergarten and I have birth to the kid so he is stuck giving me kisses.

Anonymous said...

Hunter is looking so big and hadsome. At least you got one picture at school. I had strict instructions that I could take pictures at home but I was not allow to take pictures a school. There was some eye rolling and sighing that went along with the speach I got. Like gee mom don't be silly you don't really think it would be cool of you to take my picture in front of my new friends. I also got the lecture about how I could get a hug but no kisses. I snuck a kiss anyway... heck he is only in kindergarten and I have birth to the kid so he is stuck giving me kisses.

Kari said...

Your little guy is so cute. Love his red shirt so adorable! Tristan and Hunter are the same age. T started Pre K as well.

Jennifer said...

He is getting so big!! A friend of of mine used to teach at a Montessori school...they are really cool!

Anonymous said...

What a little man! He looks so cute ready for school! How exciting! Brendan already started school a couple of weeks ago, but Shay started preschool yesterday! She loved it too! I will send some pics to you. I am glad he had such a blast! Enjoy school Hunter and makes LOTS of new friends! As far as Palin's speech-- I loved it too! I was happy to hear her perspective on special needs and how she is going to be an advocate for families in this country that are affected. Hope you have fun in pre-K Hunter! Are you going to know what to do with your time while he is in school? I find myself coming home to an EMPTY house twice a week now!!!!! AHHHHH! Let me know how you are doing it! Love, Aunt Tami and family

Pam said...

Wow he is so grown up!! As always beautiful pictures and beautiful kiddos!!

RK said...

He looks ready to take on the world! :o)