Saturday, June 2, 2007

2 Peas in a Pod













































It struck me this past week just how much Ella reminds me of Hunter when he was a baby. I keep looking at pictures I have taken of Ella recently and thinking wow, I have that same picture of Hunter. Above are pics of Hunter when he was a little guy and Ella, they may not be the best example but they are similar pictures. They remind me of each other in their looks, but especially in their personalities.
It is interesting to me now to think back to when Ella was born and realize that I didn't really have any thoughts on who she might be. I know that sounds weird, but it never dawned on me that she could turn out to be so much like her brother. I'm not really sure what I thought she would be like, or maybe I didn't let myself think that far in the future. But here we are, Ella is now 9 months old and a pretty remarkable little girl. I would say she is about a month and a half behind what Hunter was developmentally (though she was born 6 weeks early) but learns a lot like he did. Once she learns something she just takes off. I hate to say this but I think her first word is going to be da-da, every time she starts chewing on a toy she says da-da-da-da-da. Ughh!!! Hunter is such a daddy's boy, and of course said da-da first but I swore that Ella would be a mommy's girl but I already see her heading towards daddy. What do I have to do to make me the favorite?????? : )

No comments: