Thursday, August 16, 2007

Still here

It's been awhile since I have posted anything so I thought I would just fill everyone in on what we have been up to. We have only 5 days left here in Alaska so we have definetly been taking advantage of being outside, as it is still sweltering in Texas. It has been in the 60's and 70's here, poor Hunter is going to be so sad when we go home and it is too hot to play outside. He won't be sad for long though, he will hopefully be starting preschool on the 27th. I say hopefully because even though the school is only a block away from our house we are not in their district, so we are on some waiting list and should find out tomorrow. He will be going for 3 hours a day. Hunter will be so heartbroken if he doesn't get to go, he has talked about it all summer, plus his girlfriend Emily goes there. (we didn't know until 2 weeks ago that he was wait listed, and we regiested in April.) Also Hunter will be playing 3-4 yearold soccer on base, which will be fun to watch, I can just picture the kids all going for the ball it is sure to be hilarious.

Ella is doing wonderfully!!! She is definetly moving forward, army crawling, though she gets tired and reverts back to log rolling but there is no question that she gets where she wants to be! She has had a VERY vocal week. She is so funny she has started doing this thing where she stretches her neck as far as she can looks up and howls. Very cute!!! My little Ella Grace will be one, two weeks from today, I can't believe it!

I have been walking a lot, yesterday my friend and I did 6.1 miles with a lot of hills. Our goal is to do a 10K a day for the next four days (we thought we had done one yesterday, 10K is 6.2 miles, but when we were done and drove it to measure we came up .1 mile short.) We will all have a lot of adjusting to do when we get back home. Chris will be working so I have to remember how to take care of my kids by myself, it has been 7 weeks after all : ) Hunter, oh Hunter, he is going to probably have the hardest time. The only person in this house that says no to him is me, so he gets his way A LOT!!! Always has some one to play with, and enjoys bossing people around, so he will definetly be in shock. And then there is Ella, she has done pretty good but she too enjoys being the center of attention!!! She will definetly miss her Nana, they have a pretty incredible bond ( My mom did a lot of the care for Ella in those first couple of weeks when I was in shock and heavily medicated.) ANyhow, that's about it sorry there are no new pics, I do plan on taking some this weekend so I will post when I get back home.

PS My parents computer is slow so I haven't really been reading anyone else's blogs, so I have a lot of catching up to do when I get home. Sorry. But that's why I haven't commented. Hope everyone is doing great!!! Oh yeah and I guess I got a blogging award from Michelle at Big Blueberry Eyes, not sure what that is about but Thank You so much!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

RK said...

Hope the preschool thing works out for Hunter. Don't want the little guy to be disappointed.

Jennifer said...

YEAH! You're coming home!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Amy Flege said...

glad to hear you are all doing so well. hope hunter gets in his preschool!!

Laurie said...

You all have been BUSY!

Crossing my fingers for Hunter, clapping my hands for Ella!