Sunday, August 5, 2007

Busy, Busy!!

We have been having a great time up here and have been very busy. On Friday we went on the Riverboat Discovery which was really fun. It takes you on the Chena river here in town and you get to see Susan Butcher's dog kennels (a famous Iditarod dog sled champion) an airplane takeoff and land on the river, an Alaskan Native fish camp with the fish wheel set up, and you stop for an hour at a mock Native village where they show you how they live. It was really cool, Hunter still can't stop talking about the "huge ship." Yesterday we went to the state fair which is always fun, this is the first year Hunter has been on the rides, it was not so much fun getting him off of them, he threw a fit! Other than that we have been taking walks, shopping, and just visiting with each other. Here are 2 pics my brother took on the Riverboat, Hunter watching the airplane take off and Ella just being cute in my front carrier.















Last week we went to the Botanical Gardens at the University with some friends of mine. Hunter had fun until he fell into the waterfall. He was climbing on rocks which I had repeatedly asked him not to and slipped and fell face first into the bottom of the waterfall. Thankfully it really isn't very large and he landed on the rocks at the bottom, almost knocking out his teeth, but after I washed all the mud off of him with about a hundred baby wipes he was off and running. I tried to get good pictures of the kids because it was just so beautiful up there, but no such luck. I would sit Ella in front of some pretty flowers and she would immediately pick one and shove it in her mouth, I can't tell you how many petals I pulled out of her mouth that day. And as for Hunter, he just would not stay still, period! So here are the few pics I got of Ella that day.










Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Ella is starting to do an army crawl!!! She moves forward, not very far but I think in about a week she will be full steam ahead!!!

8 comments:

Sled Dog Action Coalition said...

The Iditarod is terribly cruel to dogs. For the facts, visit the Sled Dog Action Coalition website, http://www.helpsleddogs.org.

Katrina said...

SO sweet...she is SO pretty! I hope you get to visit GA soon!

Katrina

RK said...

Great news on the crawling progress... way to go!

She just always looks like she's having so much fun!

Jennifer said...

Are you kidding me? You can look at that beautiful face and post a comment about the dogs?? Is that allowed? Anyway, I can't wait to see you! She's so beautiful!

Archie said...

What cute photos! Looks like a great time.

Leticia said...

I can't pick my favorite pic, either two or three, where she's eating the flower! Please share this lovely faced baby's pics in the carnival:

I am hosting the first ever Down sydrome blog carnival tomorrow August 12th, on Cause of Our Joy http://cause-of-our-joy.blogspot.com . If you have a favorite post about Down syndrome to share, please email it to me ASAP, and I'll post it.
Don't worry if you missed this one, we'll be doing this every week on different blogs, so you can join in another time, or host it yourself. I just thought this would be a great opportunity to get to know one another better and spread Down syndrome awareness.
Hope to see you at the carnival!
Leticia Velasquez

Michelle said...

Just wanted to let you know I gave you an award :)

great pictures!

Janelle and Ella said...

Hi! My name is Janelle and I stumbled upon your blog because I also have a baby girl named Ella Grace. Just wanted to let you know that the pictures of your baby are so cute! She is absolutely adorable and looks so joyful.