Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Meeting with the Congresswoman












Today Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers held a meeting here in Spokane to discuss the Congressional Down Syndrome Caucus. It was a really informative meeting. She discussed the mission of the Caucus, some of their goals, and asked for imput. Her beautiful son Cole was there, he is SO cute!
We also discussed trying to have a Buddy Walk here in Spokane this year, I'm very excited about that. I took some pics of the kids when we got home, they were looking pretty cute, if I do say so myself!!


































































Last week, Thursday I think, Hunter and Ella were playing in their room. Ella had climbed up on Hunter's toddler bed and sat a little too close to the edge and fell off. She started crying, more from scaring herself, so Hunter comforted her by giving her his Build-A-Bear police bear. He looked up at me and said "mom remember when we made my bear you said we could make one for Ella when she got bigger." Yep I did. So, Hunter decided that Ella was big enough and that we should go build her a bear. Who could say no to that kind of sweetness? Anyhow, we headed to the mall and Hunter built Ella a bear. He picked out everything, he gave the little heart that goes in the bear a big kiss, and he picked out a sound to go in it, which says "I love you, I love you." Melt a mom's heart why don't ya!! He picked out the outfit including little pink and purple croc's that look just like Ellas. Hunter is such a good big brother, he is so comassionate and is the perfect combination of rough boy but also so sensitive!














































such a handsome boy!






















Big kiss for bear!








8 comments:

Laurie said...

Ok. The Build-a-Bear story made me cry! I love your kids so much!!

Michelle said...

how neat you were able to go to her meeting! Talk about fate when you moved to WA!

He's such an awsome big brother -what a sweet story!

Anonymous said...

You have to let me know about the meeting. I was disapointed I couldn't go but after a week off with Riley I figured I should make an appearance at work.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the meeting was pretty productive. If you end up getting the BuddyWalk there let me know so we can sponser you. We have a couple of walks here (one in chicago and then I think one in Evanston). Ella looks like such a big girl in the pic of her standing by the window! She is getting so big so quickly! And little Mr. is just too sweet! Such a love! He melts my heart! That kind of true love between siblings is so special! It doesnt surprise me,though,he has two parents that are extremely loving. Shaylin still hasnt had the "bear" experience yet, maybe we can all go together again! Big kisses to the kiddos (and you too)! Love, Aunt Tami and family

Beth said...

Ok - that brought tears to my eyes!! What an awesome big brother Ella has!!!! That bear will have so much meaning for Ella when she knows the story behind it!!!

Good news about the Congresswoman and you getting to attend her meeting!!!

Ella looks like she is getting so big!!! She and Hunter are both adorable!!

Sandi said...

What a wonderful congresswoman! And you are one amazing momma. Ella is SO BEAUTIFUL. I read your blog often and need to comment more.... greetings from western washington!

The Bliss Family said...

What a nice big brother Ella has. He is so thoughtful and loving. Great traits to have when he starts dating. =)

Kristen said...

Aww..what sweet kids you have! Ella sure loves her bear!