Thursday, May 3, 2007

Blue Bells











Here are some pics of my lovely Ella in the Blue Bells, the wild flower here in Texas. I figured since she was born here and we are definitely not staying here that I had better go ahead and take them. She was really funny, it's amazing I actually got any pictures. Ella was obsessed with putting the flowers in her mouth, I can't count how many times I fished petals out of there. It was so cute though!!!
It's been a tough week and a half for me, I had a tummy tuck (thanks to the Air Force!!!) last Tuesday so have been layed up! The pain wasn't too unbearable, the hardest part has been not being able to pick up my baby. My mom came down from Alaska to help, thank God, so Ella is nice and spoiled now : ) It has been nine days since my surgery so I have been holding Ella but still not lifting her. Holding Ella is not a very easy thing to do. The child likes to move, A LOT!!! Which, is a good thing don't get me wrong but when you are in pain not so much fun.
Ella's therapists through ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) have been working with Ella to sit up on her own. Not happening. She has decided that she does not like to sit, at all. She only wants to stand. She will not sit in her Bumboo chair anymore, she just lifts her hips in the air and tries to stand up. We have tried everything to distract her, the only thing that works is her brother. Of course trying to get Hunter to cooperate and sit still in front of her when we want him to is equally as hard. So who knows when she will sit on her own???
I can't believe that Ella is eight months old now, wow how our lives have changed. She is just so wonderful. Anyhow, back to resting. (mom leaves in 4 days so have to rest while I can!!!)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

what a pretty set of pictures!