Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A poem

Just a quick post.... I read this poem on Renee's blog Life with My Special K's, on Mondays she does a thing she calls Monday Moments for Down Syndrome, where she posts a poem she has collected over the years. Anyhow, I really liked this one and wanted to post it on my blog. So, here you go.
Don't Pity Me By:
Joanne Green
Don't pity me
because my child was not born
"perfect", for in his imperfection I have
learned to see beauty that is deeper
than the flesh.
Don't pity me
because my child and I have faced challenges
that have served to forge
a bond much deeper than love.
Don't pity me,
because you could not have done this,
for I thought that too once,
before I learned that through love you can do
a great many things you once couldn't do.
Don't pity me,
my child is the greatest blessing to ever touch my life
I am rich to have him, and richer still for
the experience of knowing him.
And if you are truly my friend, t
hen you will understand.
And please,
Don't Pity Me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an insightful poem. Love ya's give the kiddos kisses--Aunt Tami and family

Kristen said...

Oh, I love that!!!!!

I just emailed one of my Hydro mom's this morning telling her how much I appreciate my circle of other hydro mom's. I have lots of friends with kids but they can't understand our situation and when people can't understand they seem to give pity. Our situations don't deserve pity. They aren't sad situations. Perhaps complicated one's with lots of roller coaster of emotions, but certainly some of the most amazing beautiful stories you could ever come across.

Thanks for sharing this peom! I love it!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I'm glad you liked it! That is one of my favs! :)

Anonymous said...

Love it! I don't need pity just a chance to vent once in a while and friends to listen.