Saturday, August 2, 2008

My Little Beauty

Yesterday Ella wore a dress that she got for her 1st birthday, last August. It is size 12 months and it still fits, just a little bit shorter on her. It has dawned on me lately how short my little Ella is, not like she had a chance cause her mom and dad are SHORT, but still wow. There are two other little girls with Down syndrome in her class now, one about 5 days younger than her and the other is 2 weeks younger than her, and Ella is the shortest by far!!! I plugged her numbers into a growth chart calculator online, on the "typical" growth chart for her age she is in the 45 percentile for her weight, and the less than 3 percentile for her height. On the Down syndrome growth chart she is above the 90th percentile for her weight and the 15th percentile for her height. It's not a big deal at all, just found it interesting!! Anyhow, I took 79 pictures of Ella yesterday in her cute dress. Yes you read that right 79. I am a picture addict. Of course I do not have 79 good ones but I have a lot. So, I'm going to split them up over the next couple posts!! Here is the first bunch....





































These are pics of Ella in her dress last October.





























14 comments:

Kristen said...

I love her dress! She models is beautifully!! You took some awesome pictures...pro photographer quality! You should be so proud of yourself!

Michelle said...

Wow, what a difference a year makes! She looks so grown up. And her birthday's in August! Soon!

The dress is lovely - Ella's a great model!

Bethany said...

That is so cute! I love the pics. Payton is so short too, and I never realize how short she is until I see her by her typical peers. We went to a birthday party yesterday and the birthday girl, who is 6 months younger than Payton, stood about 5 inches over Payton. OMG!! That's okay, they are still the cutest litle shorties around, right? :)

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Those are beautiful photographs! She is getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Such pretty pics of such a beautiful girl!! Definitely a beauty by far!! I can see a lot of your looks in hers now that she is getting older! She is going to be pretty just like her Mama but with her Daddy's hair color! I just cant get over how long her hair is! It is so pretty! Shay is 3 1/2 and her hair is just about that long! I wish her hair would grow like that! I cant believe little missy is going to be 2 already! Hope we get to celebrate with you all soon! Love ya's and big kisses to the kiddos--Aunt Tami and family

datri said...

She's so pretty in her dress! I love that our kids can often get one more year out of clothes! Then I don't mind spending a little extra on them.

Anonymous said...

You got some really great shots. I love all the pictures... it makes me feel like buying a better camera.

It is fun to watch how Ella has grown over the last year. Even in the few months that we have know her she has changed a ton. Especially in the ways the camera doesn't capture. She is talking and signing and adding new acomplishments everytime we see you guys.

Children have always amazed with how they grow and develop. Riley has just taught me to watch more closely for these skills and not take any of them for granted.

Remember the best gifts come in small packages :-)

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

WOW look at how much her hair has GROWN!!! She is SO beautiful and what a cute little dress! Kennedy has worn the same clothes for the last 3 years, so I'm right there with you! LOL Can't wait to see the rest! :)

Shannon said...

What a doll! (And Hunter has some great cameos in there too!) We sure do miss you guys!

Kim said...

She is such a cutie! I love the black and white photos. Very neat! Thanks for posting on my blog. I'm adding you to my blogroll so I can check in on little Ella Grace to see how she is doing.

Maya said...

Just wanted to say hi--thanks for commenting and for saying hello--always nice to know someone out there is reading my rantings!
Your kids are beautiful. The one picture of Ella in her dress with her belly sticking out--I wanted to reach in and take a bite. Adorable! Nothing like a soft baby belly!
And as for clothes, Leo is the same way. I am amazed by how long he is able to wear things. I just try to think of all the money I am saving (since my other child, Ellie is decidedly not on the small side and is burning through her clothes!)
Hope to hear more from you and I'm excited to have a new blog to read! Oh and I am a native NWesterner--born and raised in Portland, OR. You live in a beautiful part of the country--I miss it every day.

Summer breeze said...

Your baby is lovely and your blog too!
giuliana from Italy

Mary said...

Wow, her hair has grown so long! She is a beauty!

Anonymous said...

Ella Grace has the hottest mom in the world. No wonder Ella is such a beauty!!