Monday, October 22, 2012

31 for 21 : Apples

Well, this post really doesn't have anything to do with Ella...or Down syndrome. Instead it's all about the 40lbs of apples we got at the farm last weekend. Ella did help us pick out apples, so that counts right? Oh and she LOVES applesauce.

The beginings of the apple butter....it cooked for 48 hours in the crockpot, adding more apples and spices every 10 hours.
On Friday Hunter and I made Chris an apple pie from scratch for his birthday.


It was pretty tasty.
Peels peels peels.  My kitchen may never be the same...or not sticky.
We got 21 half pints of apple butter out of that batch...we kept one out for ourselves so it's in the fridge.
Sure hope it's good, frankly I've smelled it for so long now that it has lost it's appeal : )  Oh hey wait, that towel is blue and yellow....Down syndrome colors. There you go, I'm advocating : )
And the applesauce!

1 comment:

Alaina and Kyle said...

haha...love it!! You'll have to teach me how to do that one of these days.I love apple butter!