Sunday, October 27, 2013

31 for 21: Apples and Pumpkins

Today was apple day!
Our peeling helper
Apple pie filling for my mom's birthday....hope it turns out : )
We made and canned 18 32oz jars of applesauce, and 5 little ones(the best applesauce ever!)


Then we had pumpkin time!  The kids and their pumpkins that they got on their field trips to the pumpkin patch
Ella drew her face on...by herself!
Hunter did almost all of his carving by his self this year!


Ella's first handful of goop
She FREAKED out.  Poor kid, she was screaming "It's ooey gooey. GET IT OFF."
Of course I am mean and made her go back for more.
Because I KNOW my kid. Sometime her initial reaction is to freak out, but I knew she would like it.
Chris on the other hand did not like it at all : )
Hunter pretending to gag
By the end of it I had to pull Ella away from the pumpkin guts....she made "pizza" out of her goo
She was all into it.
Carving away
This is very serious work : )
Hunter did a GREAT job!!!!!
Ella drew a great face : )

My house has a strange smell, combo of 6+ hours of cooking apples, raw pumpkin and frozen pizza : )

No comments: