Thursday, October 10, 2013

31 for 21 : PHEW

I slept like crap last night and I woke up this morning scared and nervous for what the day may bring. I woke the kids up, fixed breakfast, and had a talk with Ella. Basically I begged her to be good at school today, bribed her, and we went over the rules. Now, I will say that Ella woke up in a fairly good mood after 13 hours of sleep. I think she was mostly excited because today was the day that the whole school wore their school shirts for a whole school picture(each class having their own color) and in Ella's world that apparently that is exciting stuff! She promised to be good. I checked me email all day and everytime the phone rang my heart would drop. At the end of the day I walked to Ella's classroom to pick her up, feeling like I was going to puke. The special ed teacher wasn't standing there like she was yesterday so I was a bit relieved! Ella stood in the doorway, waiting to be dismissed. I couldn't help it, I asked her "were you good today?" "YEP!" she replied....though I am pretty sure she would say that even if she wasn't. The gen ed teacher came to the front of the line and Ella told her "I talkin to my mom." The gen ed teacher bent down and she said "Today you get to tell your mom that you had a great day." Relief!! I seriously almost started crying again!! I made sure Ella knew just how proud I am of her and you could see the pride all over her face! YAY ELLA!!!!

Hunter and Ella in their school shirts before heading off to school this morning!

1 comment:

Becca said...

We go through those SAME conversations every day, and hold our breaths until she gets picked up and we get a look at her communication notebook. Sammi will *usually* tell us in her most enthusiastic voice that she had a great day if she did, and if she didn't, she'll say, when asked if she had a good day, "kind of." LOL So glad to hear Ella's doing great!! :-)