Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 16 - Plastic Surgery


I'm telling you.....if it wouldn't hurt her I would totally have plastic surgery done on Ella's nose. It is so flat, I would just like to add a bridge to her nose. NO, I don't want to do it because it is a characteristic of Down syndrome. NO, I don't want to change the way she looks. I would simply like her freakin glasses to have something to stay up on. Seriously.

Here are a few profile shots to show you what I am working with here!





This is what I would like to make it into.....
Oh well, it is what it is. I do like, however, to kiss that flat space between her eyes : ) I love my girl and luckily her glasses sliding down her nose don't bother her!!!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

She'll grow into her nose. Abby's is flat like that too. But I think the same thing about Abby's ear, she can't wear sunglasses at all.

RK said...

I know what you mean, though I'm told that Braska has more than some of our kiddos. But Ella's profile is so darn cute! (And I like the flat space for kissing too! That's where our night night kissed go. :o)

Did you get the ear pieces fitted and shaped for her ears? This is what keeps Braska's in place. The fit is just perfect from where the nosepads sit to the back of the ear where the earpieces are curved just for her little ears... they do either "cable temples" where the piece around the ear is flexible, or they just heat and mold the hard plastic earpiece. We have 3 pair of glasses and all of them have different materials back there, but they're all fitted just right.

(Sorry if you've already covered this...just checking!)

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

I totally get what you are saying. We had to tie a string on the back of Grace's glasses (it is kind of like an elastic)that we can just pull and tighten...that is the only way we can keep them up. Good luck!

Cammie Heflin said...

We have the same issue with Addy. Her eye doc is always telling her to grow a nose!

The Hapa Girl said...

LOL...I have to laugh at this a little because I come from a family of flat noses. So, Lillian's nose fits in. My son is the only one of my children to have a "perky" nose (he gets it from his daddy). But, I guess if she doesn't have much Asian running in her genes, a perky nose would be better suited. I still like her profile, she is so so cute!

kyouell said...

Have you heard of http://www.specs4us.com/ ? I'm not affiliated in any way, just ran across them after the convention in Sacramento & saved their page in a bookmark in case we ever need it.

I'm happy to find your blog; I have a cousin who lives in Spokane Valley. And a son with Down syndrome. :-)