Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 20 - My kiddos


Here are a few pics of the kiddos that I took on Friday night before we headed off to Hunter's school Fall Carnival. I'm getting used to Ella's glasses, I think. She is still doing SO good with them. They mostly annoy me because I always see them as either crooked or slipping and it drives me crazy. But...... I'm getting used to them, maybe one day I will like them.

Anyhow, the carnival was fun pretty much just for Hunter. There were several bounce house type things and there was no way I was letting Ella in them, she would be trampled for sure, but she was pretty well behaved so it was good. I love watching Hunter interact with his friends, and it seems like everyone knows him. I kept cracking up, kids would come up and talk to him and they would exchange their "dudes" and "peace" seriously I don't think I have heard the word dude so much ever, and I would say "is that kid in your class?" and I always got, no that's so and so he's in 3rd grade I play wall ball with him at morning recess, no that's so and so he's in 5th grade I play wall ball with him at lunch recess. It was cracking me up. I asked him if any one else in the 1st grade played wall ball with them and he said "no mom. At first they wouldn't let me play because I'm only a first grader but then I showed them that I could so they let me cause I have the skills." Alright then.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a student who has Down Syndrome, have you checked out this site http://www.specs4us.com/.

Jennifer said...

HU-larious!!!! Emily always plays with girls in the older grades, too.

Aunt Tami said...

That is great! Get used to the word "dude"....once they start they never stop!!! Brendan says it literally every other word it seems! Ugh!

patsy said...

love ella's cute little ghost shirt...and she looks too cute in her glasses :)